Joanne Dewberry is the other half of Networking Mummies and also owns her own award winning business www.charliemoos.co.uk Joanne is mummy to Charlie Moo 3 and Megan nearly 2 together with long suffering partner David AKA Daddy Moo they live in East Dorset. Joanne is an army child and thus is from no fixed abode but David is from Dorset so she moved here for love!
Joanne spent her pre-child life as a Nursery School Manager, after having travelled a bit (where she met Daddy Moo! Living the high life as holiday reps in Turkey) She set upon my career in childcare and started doing a Bsc Degree with the Open University (which she is still completing now! When Joanne fell pregnant in 2006 she knew that being a full time mum was the way she wanted to go and Daddy Moo supported the decision fully.
Joanne recalls 'After a while though my head began to fill with dribble and I missed stimulation running a nursery had given me and thus Charlie Moo's was born. I was disheartened by the rubbish party bags, Charlie, had received at parties. Not only did it break straight away, it was either very age inappropriate or made of plastic. One party he received near enough a whole bag of chocolate. It became a slightly stressful experience. Charlie would wonder out of the party tightly clutching a plastic bag in his hand and we would either fight with him to get rid off the bits he could not have or have him hand us stuff as we said no, in most cases he would be left with a balloon and some bubbles. I took the plunge to build and start up my website after Megan was born in August 2008. I became very adapt at typing with one finger whilst breast feeding at 2am. I now sew all the fabric bags myself too!'
Awards and Achievements -
- Highly Commended MumsClub.co.uk PR Comp 2009
- Winner of Future 100 Young Entrepreneurs 2009
- TGF Best Rated Award Winner 2009
- Langtry Manor Best Green Business Finalist 2010
- Nominated MADS Blog Award 2010
- Winner of Dorset Business Mother of the Year 2010 – Langtry Manor
- Short listed Make Your Mark in the Market 2010
- Recognised for Very Good Service 2010
- Short listed in the World Skill Competition 2010 (Networking Mummies)
- Short listed Business Parent of the Year – Mums and Working Awards
- Enterprise Nation Ideas 101 Winner June 2010
- Short listed Best Business Mum Mumsclub Awards 2010
- Finalist Best Use of Media Mumsclub Awards 2010
- Langtry Manor Finalist in PR Initiative 2011